Rates for Taxis, Limousines and
other Passenger Directed Vehicles (PDVs)
Licensed passenger directed vehicles (PDVs) in British Columbia must charge rates that are set or approved by the Passenger Transportation Board. PDVs include taxis, limousines, shuttles and vans that accommodate no more than 11 passengers.
The regulation of rates and rules creates an environment where passengers are charged reasonable and predictable prices for transportation services, and where operators can properly maintain the vehicles. The Board also seeks to maintain a price distinction between taxicabs and limousines.
Information about rates is found on this page and the following 3 pages:
This web page has rates information that applies to all PDVs.
Rates Information for All PDVs
Change of Rates Applications
- Apply | Taxi Rates Limousine Rates Other PDV Rates
- Related | Rules of Practice & Procedure:
Taxi Soft Meters & Smartphone Apps
Fees for Independent Payment Provider
- Rule | Independent Payment Providers & Associated Service Fees
- Advisory | Approval of Rates under a Contract Clause
- Policy | Approval of Contract Rates for Crew Transportation Not Required
Coupons & Vouchers