A passenger transportation licence is needed to operate limousines in British Columbia. This web page has forms and information for starting a luxury, app-based transportation service.
Luxury, App-Based Transportation Service Applications
|APPLY||Starting a New Luxury, App-Based Transportation Service|
I want to start a new luxury, app-based transportation service
Send your application to the Branch in Coquitlam.
Sometimes a licensee needs extra taxis, limousines or other passenger directed vehicles (“PDVs”) for a short time. Temporary Operating Permits (TOPs) allow for this.
The Board makes decisions on TOP applications it gets from licensees with a PDV special authorization. The test is “urgent and temporary need”. More information about TOPs is provided below.
PT Board Permits
PT Branch Permits
The Registrar of Passenger Transportation also has authority to issue some TOPs. This includes TOPs for substitute vehicles. See the PT Branch website for details.
- PT Branch Website: TOPs (including General Passenger Vehicles)
- Form: TOP Application (Substitute Special Authorization Vehicle)
Luxury, App-Based Transportation Service Application Materials
Luxury, App-Based Transportation Service Information
- Perimeter Seating Buses
- Vehicle Banding Request Form
- Eco-Friendly Sedan Limousines
- Limousine Rates (including min./max. rates in the Lower Mainland & CRD)
- Limousine Rates Issues (contracts, coupons, service fees, etc)
- PDV Fuel Surcharge