Taxi & Limousine Cost Index
The Taxi & Limousine Cost Index (TLCI) is an objective tool that the Passenger Transportation Board uses to identify rate increases for taxis and limousines in British Columbia.
The TLCI provides an efficient and fair way for transportation companies to obtain periodic rate increases when operating costs rise. TLCI rate increases are based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for BC. They strike a balance between the interests of transportation operators and the consumers they serve.
TLCI for Taxis
February 22, 2017
The Board has concluded its Taxi and Limousine Cost Index (TLCI) review for this year. No TLCI rate increase is available for taxis or limousines in 2017. The next TLCI will be conducted in February or March 2018.Advisory | TLCI Review of Taxi & Limousine Rates
Past Reviews & Announcements
- Advisory | TLCI Rate Reviews for Limousines
- Advisory | 2016 Indexed Taxi Rate Increase
- Municipal Advisory | 2016 Indexed Rate Increase for Taxis
- Rule | Taxi & Limousine Cost Index 2016
2015 Introduction of TLCI
- Advisory | Changes to Indexed Rate Reviews
2013 Indexed Rate Increase for Taxis
- Advisory | TCI 2013 & Return to GST
- Municipal Advisory | 2013 Taxi Fare Changes in B.C.
- Backgrounder | TCI 2013 & GST Backgrounder
Applying for a Change of Rates
Rate Application Packages
Inclusion of Flag Rate Changes
Rates & Mobile Apps
- Operational Policy | Taxi Rate Harmonization & Equalization